Monday, December 2, 2019

Talkin' Tuesday - Dec. 3, 2019

...where ALL students are UNIQUE and Wonderfully Made!
Time for POSITIVE ACTIONS!

Today is TALKIN TUESDAY where we see that our school family of teachers, staff, and administrators care 
about the students in Morgan County Schools!

And, where we will take a Positive moment each week to 
"Talk It Out"
and discuss discoveries and important student issues.

I am so excited to be back for Positive Actions today, Dec. 3 2019!! For each "Talkin' Tuesday" in Positive Actions, we will meet a new member of our school family community that cares about YOU!  This week, we travel over to the 4th grade hallway at Warm Springs Intermediate School where an aspiring group of talent producers are coordinating a new student led initiative!  Check it out:

Next:  For Positive Actions each Tuesday, you will have the opportunity to share something new about yourself with your teacher and classmates.  It is "Talk It Out Time!"  Each week, we will share one brand spanking new thing about our self.

Here is what Mrs. Hott wants you to do each week.  I will give you a completely different topic, and you will share with your teacher and friends something brand new or unknown about yourself!  Just watch the discoveries...we may find that someone in our class we don't know very well may have something in common with us!  Or, we may be completely and crazily different.  And, guess what?!...That is A-OK!  It is a Positive Action to learn about our community's likes and respect each other's differences.

So, for today's "Talk It Out," are you ready?  Here is our discovery question:


"Who is your family?"

Wait, that's not so hard, right?  Today, we will share about our families.  For example, how many brothers and sisters do you have?

I'll go first.  Hi!  My name is Mrs. Hott.  In my family, we have six people.  Well, seven actually.  Dan, (my adorable hubby) and I have four children, two girls and two boys.  We have seven because Caity, the oldest, is married to Brian.  Here we all are:
I LOVE this picture...we all went to the beach when Caity got married, June 8 2014.

When I was little, my family was my parents and my two brothers.  Here we are (but we are a little older now):

Want to see something pretty cool.  My hubby, Dan, well, he has 9 brothers and 3 sisters.  That's 13 siblings!!  Look at this:


Pretty awesome, right?  Now, it's YOUR turn!  When you are ready to share, raise your hand then tell us about YOUR family!  Do you have brothers and sisters?  Families come in all shapes and sizes, and each are beautiful and wonderfully made!

That was awesome too!  You ALL just did a positive action by sharing something about yourself.  It is positive because it helps us to better understand each other. 

To close, we will finish Talkin Tuesdays with a chance for you to share something important with your teacher.  Is there something you feel like "if my teacher only knew...." it would help her/him understand you better?  What is new this week you can tell your teacher?  For example, if my teacher knew how hard I tried or I really did do my best on our spelling words, you may feel more positive!  Or, if my teacher only knew why I was late again, maybe she/he can help me, etc.

Sometimes it helps to get our thoughts together when we write it down; so, you can always use our Positive Action journals.  And, if you need to talk later, just ask your teacher, parent, friend, school counselor, or Mrs. Hott by saying "May I please share a "talk it out" with you?"

Remember, sometimes our negative thoughts can turn positive just by telling or sharing with another person!  It is a Positive Action to "peacefully resolve our conflicts" too with others at home, school, and our community.  "Talking it out" starts with one student at a time...and that is.....


YOU!


MoCo Scholars who talk it out 
can change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELLNESS Wed🤗 Wk12Ep54S8🧘🏽‍♀️YOGA for Kids🌈 WELLNESS/BIENESTAR 🎉12/1/2...

WELLNESS WEDNESDAYS! In the classroom, at home or work, and virtual school, all use Positive Actions to focus on community well being. The ...